SAVE: Nonprofits, NPO Recipients, Canadians, Businesses & Government
April 24th, 2020
Essential Service Emergency:
Charitable Organizations are at the front lines serving all Canadians, especially our vulnerable people. Charities provide essential services that are relied upon daily.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the demand for their services has exploded while their revenues and resources have plummeted.
Charity organizations are starting to collapse.
- Award and incentivise charitable donations to Canadian charities with a Refundable Charitable Donation Benefit (RCDB).¹
- Empower 1.2M Canadian corporations to give more to support charities by increasing our giving power by matching current individual taxpayer 50% credit incentives.²
- Permit Canadian NPO’s (non-registered charities) to issue special 2020 tax receipts.³
Awesome Multiplier Effects:
- Halo Effect -> Profoundly impact lives. For every dollar given, non-profit organizations provide up to 5x the value to the community in social and economic impact.
- Ripple Effect -> By doing social good, Canadians are active participants in helping our own communities. Canadians are heros to each other. Next year, at tax time, we will be directly reminded about how our generosity made a difference and give again.
- Hero Effect -> Community hero stories inspire national hope across Canada.
Letter addressed to government leaders
Immediately incentivise, reward and empower all Canadians to give now to nonprofit organizations through donation channels already in place.
Canadians who can afford it, help those that can’t.
By implementing these measures at a corporate and personal level now, active investing will result in quantitative and qualitative benefits. Benefits cross economic, social, health, education, thought leadership, art, culture, housing, environmental, and other areas. NPO’s span the breadth of our country’s essential services and are relied upon daily.
Together, we are better.
Samantha Postman, MA-ABS, B. Mgt. Innovation Specialist
As at December 31, 2019, charitable donation tax offset rates for:
- CCPC’s that qualify for the Small Business Deduction (SBD) are as follows for: Federal 9% — Alberta 2% — Combined 11%
- For corporations that do not qualify for the SBD (Alberta): Federal 15.49% — Alberta 11.00% — Combined 26.49%